Tuesday 5 July 2016

Barking Mad - 150 word story for Writerly Corner

Flash fiction prompt provided by http://www.writerlycorner.com/writerly-prompts


Barking Mad


The excitement was palpable as I raced around the house.  Food being prepared, decorations going up ready for the party tonight. I love parties.  I wandered into the kitchen, looking for spare food but I was shooed way.  I went to help with the decorations instead. I started rifling through a box, finding some stars and stripes glasses.  As I was playing with them on the floor one of the children picked them up and put them on my face. I pretended I couldn’t see and started running into things and barking madly, making the children roar with laughter.  I could see perfectly well, but I liked making the children laugh.  It usually meant I got extra treats and I wasn’t disappointed.  I sat in my basket contentedly watching all the guests arrive and knew I wasn’t going to be short of food or fuss for the next few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment