Tuesday 29 March 2022

Week 2, Swim 2 - been there, done that, got the t-shirt!

I mean I literally got the t-shirt in the postπŸ˜πŸ‘•  very exciting!

So, it's week 2, time for my 2nd swim and so far there have been no disasters today so I was feeling all positive about my swim tonight! 

A couple of weeks ago my 9year old son had a few swigs of my teenage daughter's Monster energy drink. He was bouncing off the walls and banned from drinking it again until he's older! Much older. Preferably when he's left home!  However, it did give me the idea that maybe I should have some before swimming, see if it gave me the rush of energy it gave him!  That's not cheating is it?? πŸ€”

Anyway, I gave it a go, had half a small can before I went in......sadly it didn't seem to have the same effect on me! Maybe it was because I had the sugar free version or maybe I needed a full can. Hmmm....a research project is required me thinks! 🀣

This week was thankfully much better than last.  One of the Ladies that Lunch (now renamed Smurf by another regular because of her blue swim hat πŸ˜‚) was asking what challenge I was doing and even said she would sponsor me as it's for a good cause, bless her!

Unfortunately, swimming up and down was still hard going in the general swim session, trying to avoid kids jumping in, swimming out or just stopping in front of you, trying to drown each other (I was tempted to help on occasions!), and the bus family blocking half of the pool as usual 🀦🏼‍♀️  There was the, now also usual, eye rolling as those of us actually trying to swim passed each other.....

Still I managed 1300 m so almost double my effort of last week and now completed my first mile at least (1.289 miles to be exact 😁)! Hopefully I'll manage more next week and by the end of the challenge I'll be swimming more than a mile a week. I'll need to just to complete the challenge anyway! πŸ˜†

All in all I am counting this week as a success and another step towards my goal of a mile in an hour.  I know that's an easy goal for a lot of people doing this challenge but for me it's an effort and I will be really pleased and proud of myself when I finally achieve that goal!  

Everyone doing this challenge are at different levels, with different stories and their own personal goals to reach within the challenge.  Whatever our abilities, we are still getting in the pool when we can and doing what we can and all for a great cause.

We've got this!! 😁

https://swim22.diabetes.org.uk/fundraising/teresa187#share-page


No comments:

Post a Comment