Tuesday 1 March 2022

First training swim complete!

Well I might not have done as well as I'd hoped but still more than my previous session so happy with that!

I managed to sign up for a swim membership without any problems! I now have a nice swipey card to use so no more hassle with cash/contact less payments!

First things first, I had to work out how to work my new Honor 6 band.....I eventually found the workout menu, the swimming activity and set to 25m. It automatically started and it took a few seconds to work how to pause it. That may well make me sound stupid but I behave never had a fitness tracker/watch before so have no idea how they work!

I was ready to swim! What I wasn't ready for was how cold the pool was!  Still in I got and off I went.  I found it harder than I thought I would and amused myself by constantly checking new toy, which I have to say was very accurate.  I am very impressed! I managed to do my previous 32 lengths/800m and then managed another 4.  I really wanted to go for 40 lengths/1000m but, by the time I'd done 36/900m, there were only 2 minutes of the session left and I knew there was no way I'd get 4 more lengths done in that time!  I checked my watch and stopped it, happy th my efforts 😁

So, not the best, but it's start!

If anyone feels able to donate then please see the link below to my just giving page or just a few words or encouragement will also be gratefully received!

https://swim22.diabetes.org.uk/fundraising/teresa187#share-page

No comments:

Post a Comment