Tuesday 11 April 2017

Skinny tanned again!

The lovely people @SkinnyTanHQ sent me some goodies including their primer and new express mousse1 hour tan.

I have to admit, I was slightly nervous about this one! It is recommended to leave it on for 1 hour for a light tan, 2-3 hours for a medium tan, or overnight for a deep tan......

The primer was really good a d I also used the exfoliating mitt for good measure! Then it was tanning time 🤣

As I have mentioned before, I am white. Milk bottle white. Now the tan and tone oil gives me quite a deep tan (a month in the Bahamas type of tan - at a guess as I've never actually been to the Bahamas, or anywhere for a month for thay matter! )  So, the mousse was applied and it was easy to get it even as it is tinted so you can see where you've been 😀

Then the waiting started and the nerves kicked in. How long should I leave it on for?? 1 hour may not look that tanned on me but 3 hours may go really dark 😕 and overnight wasn't even in the thought process!!  In the end I decided on the mid-point, 2 hours.

I jumped in the shower and watched my legs turn.... cream. Not white but the colour I would go with a natural light tan and, as is also usual for me, the rest of me did look slightly more tanned than my legs! As the sun was shining and the garden was beckoning, I quickly put some skinny tan oil on my arms and legs and with a couple of hours I had a nice healthy glow!  Whether there was any reaction between the mousse and oil, or whether the self-tan in the mousse was still working I don't know,  but after using the oil this time I think my tan is darker than it was the first time I used it.

I did like the mousse and, now I know how it reacts with me, I won't be so nervous about how long to Ieave it on next time.  Even overnight has now entered the realms of possibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment