Sunday 27 November 2016

Ending the week with a BANG!

 And when I say Bang,  I mean more of a mini explosion!!!

But before that.........

Work wasn't too bad, Wasp lady was slightly annoying but nothing too bad.  Work had taken £456 off me for my car parking space instead of £38, which they did reassure me they would 'try' to get authorised to pay...... how nice of them..... (they didn't!)

Friday night we went out for Amy's birthday which was really good 😀  We went to Kayal to eat, a South Indian restaurant but none of the usual curries here!  In all honesty we had no idea what any of the food was or what we were ordering but it was lovely!  My 'paper dosa' was HUGE, so big in fact it barely fit on the table!  I would highly recommend it http://www.kayalrestaurant.com/

After we couldn't eat anymore, we went to the Slug and Lettuce for "a few" cocktails, shots and bombs (nope, this isn't the exploding bit!).  We also met someone in there we knew who, it was fair to say, was more that slightly disturbed by the fact we were they and they had had a few drinks!  We quickly put them at their ease, hopefully, and all had a good laugh!  We then moved on to Fat Cats which started off ok, until I twigged that the 1 (not even that nice) bloke was 'selling' the 7 or 8 women of different nationalities that he was 'with'.  I could be wrong, but I don't think so!  Unfortunately it was time to leave before I had chance to test out any of the novel new uses I'd just thought of for my stilettos!  Oh the fun I could have had! 👿

Saturday was spent recovering and doing the usual weekend chores before going over to Mum and Dad's for tea on Sunday for Dad's birthday.  Big Sis had made a fab cake, a campervan (only slightly jealous!) and a lovely time was had by all!  On the way home, however, I had the misfortune to meet a boy/girl racer who took a sharp bend wide with their lights on full beam, causing me to try and avoid them, which thankfully I did.  Unfortunately the back wheel caught the gravel/soft verge and I lost it, the back end went and hit a post on the side of the verge!  There was a horrible scraping sound as I slowly drove off and Billy (who was now surprisingly awake!) asked what the noise was.  Not wanting them to be worried or scared I cheerfully replied "Oh, it's just a bit of the car dragging on the floor, nothing to worry about!!".  As soon as it was safe to stop I pulled over to check there wasn't any serious damage and, thankfully, it did appear to be just the sill scraping on the floor.  So it was driveable, we got home ok, and the main thing was that no-one got hurt.  It still didn't make me feel any better when Billy innocently asked "Is it going to be a bumpy ride again today Mummy?" when we got in the car the next morning!  Bless! 😕

After that the week was fairly uneventful.  I went to lunch with a friend and we were joined by someone who I thought was using Bluetooth, then realised they weren't.........Hmmmmm........ my friends seem to have knack for attracting odd people..........

So it all comes down to The Bang!

Well, Friday started off quite normally.  Getting ready for work, getting the kids ready for school etc. etc. and it had all gone relatively smoothly.  So there I was, sitting at my desk typing away, when I started to feel a bit peckish and though about having something to eat.  That's when it suddenly hit me.  The thought that sent panic running through my veins. EGGS!!!!   I'd left my eggs boiling on the hob.  Two hours ago!!!  How much damage can over-boiled eggs really do? Burn the pan? Burn the kitchen?  Would we even have a house left?! 😱  Luckily Dad was due to drop something in to the house for me so I made a quick call to ask, if the house was still there, would he mind going in and turning the hob off for me!

It was an anxious wait.

But then the call came and.......good news!  I hadn't destroyed the house! Or even the kitchen!  Even the pan was in one piece!

Unfortunately, the eggs hadn't been so lucky.  My poor eggs had exploded and were now decorating the hob.  Well the bits that weren't black and welded to the bottom of the pan were anyway!!!  Time to get the scourer out!

On a positive - I now have a new saucepan!!

So all's well that ends well and the week did go out with a BANG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment