Wednesday 2 June 2021

Me versus the treadmill


...actually that's an exaggeration - I can't even run for 2 minutes...

If only 'it's the thought that counts' applied to exercise!

So on the plus side, I'm still motivated. On the negative side, I'm still rubbish!

BUT, and this is a BIG 'but', I think I am slightly, very slightly but still slightly, a bit less rubbish than I was a couple of weeks ago. Get me!

After the Have a Go day, I went along to the training session at Billesdon the following week  to find out a bit more about the role. I have to say I felt really self conscious on the way but when I got there the other 'trainee wannabes' were really nice and the crew made us feel really welcome. We watched their drill practice, had different processes and situations explained to us, saw all the kit and, possibly the most important bit, enjoyed a cuppa at the end!  It was eye‐opening and it became obvious how much your have to learn. It was mind blowing, inspiring, scary and exhilarating/exciting all at the same time! They are such a great team and I came away wanting to be a part of it and feeling more determined than ever to do whatever I have to to get there.

Nice weather and a bit gardening must have helped a bit because after spending a few hours weeding and clearing one corner of the garden (with help from mum and dad whilst Jay was making a drawbridge. Yes, a drawbridge) I was covered in scratches from all the bramble we cut out and knackered! It was worth it though.....

Tonight I decided to go back on the treadmill.  It has a 15 min up and down hill setting which gradually speeds up to 8.5 mins then gradually slows down again.  The last time I tried this setting a couple of weeks ago I had to have a rest after about 5 mins, then managed about a minute before having a 10 min rest, then doing another 30 secs or so before pausing again and repeated this until it started to slow down again. Not very impressive.  Tonight I made it to 7 mins before I stopped, only had a couple of minutes rest, did another minute, let it run for 30 seconds, carried on for 40 seconds, rested for 30 seconds and then carried on to the end. So, like I said earlier, still not great bit definitely a very slight teeny tiny improvement from last time!

I have also been given the number for someone who can set up a training plan for me. I did ring and leave a message for them so hopefully they will get back to me soon and help me get into some sort of regular plan.

In answer to the title of this blog, Currently the treadmill is definitely winning but I will keep going a I WILL complete that 15 minutes without stopping! Be afraid treadmill! Be very afraid.........😈🏃🏼‍♀️

Now all I need to do is find some weights too.....

#nevergiveup 

No comments:

Post a Comment