Tuesday, 18 July 2017

Oh blimey....... The time has come.....

So it wasn't a bad night...... the first half I was really hot and throwing the sheets off, by 2 am I was having them all back along with the blankets, and by 3am I'd also got my mermaid blanket (see I did bring it with me Steve!) up to my neck until 5 am when it was obs and shaving time. Woohoo!!! 😂

Another trip to the power shower for another lovely hot sterilising shower before being all my designer op garb on. What is it with hospitals wanting to make you look like a complete idiot at all times??!

********************

All this stuff requires some sort of altitude test to work out how to put in on, and I think it's fair to say I failed miserably!!!

I put the big paper knickers on (which make Bridget Jones' 'big pants' look like a skimpy thong!), took them off and turned them round thinking I'd got them on back to front, to find they were no different. Tried again. Twice. Finally realising that there really isn't a back and front......

Then the stockings.... Well...... Is there anything harder to get into??! After almost amputating my feet, I nearly sliced half my legs off (not the worst idea I've ever had 🤔...) then had the whole back to front dilemma again. Eventually I decided to get the instructions out, which were useless as the diagrams didn't match my stockings at all and the 'compression' bits showing as being on the same side in the diagram, ie. ball of foot and heel, we're on opposite sides on mine, thereby making it impossible to get them in that way unless you have really weird back-to-front, upside - down feet. Which I don't. Needless to say my heel compressions are now supporting the fonts of my ankles! But that got can tell with the gorgeous red and white non-appearance socks over the top. Yes, I actually managed to get them on ok!!! Clever me!! 👏👏👏👏

Obviously someone else had to do my gown up for me so I couldn't get that wrong!!

At least I've got my next night out outfit sorted!!

Well I think that's going to be the lot from me today!

Just waiting to be collected and I can go for another sleep! 😴😴😴😴

They did say they if everything goes well they sometimes fast track patients which means they would let me wake up tonight but I'm not sure about that, I've been looking forward to this loooong sleep all week!! 😂 😂 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment